Tuesday, April 23, 2013

4/8-4/12


For the week of the 8th through the 12th of this month was pretty nice being in the art classroom.  I did not get a chance to teach a lesson by this point but the atmosphere of the classroom I am in is very pleasing.  Also I have finally been able to make it in for a couple full days so I can observe all of the classes my cooperating teacher is responsible for.  For three periods of the day she teaches pottery or ceramics.  I am not the most knowledgeable when it comes to working with clay so it is nice being able to learn from my teacher the different techniques and assignment strategies for conducting a beneficial class for the students.  One thing I have observed in this class and also in my own high school class years ago is that every student is on a completely different level when it comes to creating artwork in the classroom.  Some students are still working on their first project because they have had craftsmanship problems resulting in the destruction of their projects.  Other students are flying through their projects and enjoying every minute of it.  The teacher for this class has done an extraordinary job keeping up with the students and making sure everyone is making progress with their work.  A lot of the students really seem to enjoy the class and even like to come in during lunch and before school in order to work with clay whether it is for a project or just for their own enjoyment.  In the future I want my classroom to be as successful and inviting as the one I am experiencing now.

No comments:

Post a Comment